RENOWNED: The Morimoto Elite Systems have earned their reputation amongst many as the aftermarket’s best set of HID’s. We urge you to check out the specs below, read the Reviews and then ask yourself whether your ability to see well while driving at night is worth saving a couple bucks?
OPTIONED OUT: With a variety of available options, the Morimoto Elite HID system can be configured perfectly just for you. This helpful video goes over each of the options shown above.
HID BALLASTS: Designed in California by Morimoto’s engineer, Yoshi Ishida, the Morimoto XB 2.0 HID Ballasts are just as good looking on the outside as they are well-engineered on the inside. They are available in both 35w and 50w versions, use proprietary software by the pros at Hylux paired with packaging perfection from the masters at Morimoto. This is today’s most modern iteration of a model that has sold more than half a million units since inception, and we don’t think it can really get any better!
9007 HID BULBS: Homegrown by Morimoto to out-perform any alternatives on the market when installed in projector-based headlight…and it shows. We admit the latest generation XB HID bulbs are pretty impressive when compared to other bulbs, and even older Morimoto bulbs. At the heart of the XB bulbs is their perfectly-aligned 100% Philips quartz glass capsule that houses high quality halide salts from German-supplier Messer. In our annual lux comparison test, they produced nearly the same luminosity (intensity) as the industry benchmark Osram CBI bulbs at 5500K. No, you’re not seeing things here, but yes you will be seeing everything at night.
MOTOCONTROL HARNESS: As one of the most important parts in any HID lighting upgrade; don’t skimp out when it comes to your wiring. It doesn’t matter how good your ballasts are. How good your bulbs are. If your harness is a piece of crap, when it gives out your headlights are gonzo. The Morimoto MotoControl Bi-xenon Harness is easily worth the premium price compared to cheaper alternatives. With its triple-sealed smart relay, 14ga stranded copper wiring, over-molded fittings, and plug-n-play functionality; it will ensure everything properly (and permanently) works from your vehicle’s original in-cabin controls. It’s easily the best headlight wire harness out there.
OPTIONAL CANBUS HARNESSES: Instead of a traditional relayed harness that draws power from the battery, Morimoto’s Standalone Canbus harnesses use two individual sub-harnesses to keep a load on the factory wiring. Recommended for vehicles that recognize when a bulb is out, these contain a series of capacitors and resistors to trick the car into thinking nothing has changed and help you avoid annoying “bulb out” warnings. We recommend them for use on most modern European applications instead of normal harnesses since they do a great job at providing stable power to the ballasts and canceling any warnings.
BACKED UP: Let’s not forget the 5-year warranty on the entire kit*. The Elite system is designed to run for 2500 hours, so that’s what it’s guaranteed for. Don’t buy into empty promises from other places offering BS “lifetime” warranties. Nothing lasts forever, and if you think “the other guy” will be there to pick up the phone or even stay in business long enough to assist you when there’s a problem; guess again! [*XB55 9007 HID kits have a 3 year warranty]
USER-APPROVED: By satisfied enthusiasts with all kinds of cars and trucks. With a quick and easy search we pulled up install examples (1,2,3,4,5,6) that span several generations of the Elite HID systems! If you haven’t made a decision just yet, keep reading!
TRUSTED: For more than a decade, we’ve worked hard to earn our killer reputation. Car guys world-wide know that TRS carries the internet’s best selection of high performance automotive and powersport lighting products at the best prices, and we’ve got the best, most knowledgeable team of real enthusiasts to help back it up. If we sell it, then you bet we’ve put it to the test on our own cars, trucks, and bikes. Need a recommendation on parts for your project? Got a tech question? Wholesale inquiry? Contact Us
- BALLAST: 1x Morimoto XB HID Ballast
- BULB: 1x H4 Morimoto XB HID Bulb
- WIRING: 1x Morimoto H4 Cycle-Specific Single Output
- WARRANTY: 5 Years (35w) or 3 Years (50w)(Click for Details)
- BASE/FITMENT: H4/9003
- APPLICATION: HID and LED bulbs are street legal in the USA for Fog Light use only. Not compliant with DOT / FMVSS108 and not street legal in the USA for Headlights. Legal for off-road use in Snowmobile and ATV headlights and off-road racing use only auxiliary or forward lighting. International street legality varies by country. For detailed clarification on street use, CLICK HERE Note: This usage regulation is not unique to Morimoto bulbs. All LED and HID bulbs from all other brands, regardless of marketing claims, are prohibited from street use in halogen headlights in the USA. To find street legal LED headlight assemblies, CLICK HERE
- HOMOLOGATION ECE: NO
- DOT/SAE/FVMSS108: NO (NOT STREET LEGAL IN HEADLIGHTS IN USA)
- INTENSITY: 2,800-3,500lm (est.)
- POWER: 35-55w
- CURRENT: 4.4A @ 14.0V DC
- INPUT VOLTAGE: 9-16V DC
- TEMP RANGE: -40C to 125C
- COLOR RATING: 4300K (OEM HID Warm White), 5000K (Ice White), 6000K (Neutral White)
- 55W BALLASTS: +20% lm, -1000K Color (est.)
- RATED LIFESPAN: 2,500hrs (3-5yrs)